What is DIAGNOdent and how does it work?
• DIAGNOdent uses laser technology as an aid to detect and quantify hidden or sub-surface caries by measuring laser fluorescence within the tooth structure.
• The device operates at a wavelength of 655 nm. At this specific wavelength, clean healthy tooth structure exhibits little or no fluorescence, resulting in very low scale readings on the display.
• Altered tooth substances and bacteria, including caries, will fluoresce. The DIAGNOdent will react with elevated scale readings on the display• An audio tone allows the operator to hear changes in the scale values. This enables the user to focus on the patient — not solely on the device. The DIAGNOdent is an extremely accurate, reliable and non-invasive method to aid in caries detection. The device is successfully used by more than 20,000 dental professionals in the United States and is integrated into the curriculum of a growing number of dental schools.
DIAGNOdent offers the following benefits :
• Accurate – Over 90% accurate to aid in the detection of lesions not detectable with an explorer or bitewing X-rays.*
• Conservative – Helps prevent “exploratory” excavation or undertreatment of suspect teeth.
• Quantifiable – Precise, reliable measurement allows objective monitoring of caries activity over time.
• Confidence Builder – Allows dentists and hygienists to treat questionable sites and sub-surface caries with confidence.
• Empowering – Allows hygienists to educate patients on caries disease process.
.• Easy to Use – Compact, portable device with user-friendly design.
• Safe – Uses light energy — NO XRAY exposure. Poses no danger to staff and patients. PAINLESS, non-invasive examination for patients.
Comments are closed.