Implant-supported restorations, such as Hybridge, Teeth in a Day, and All on 4, are some of the most powerful and convenient restorative dentistry options available today. They’re so effective because unlike traditional dentures, implant-supported restorations are a permanent solution to tooth loss.
With an implant-supported system, even patients who have undergone serious tooth loss from periodontal disease or decay can quickly and easily restore their smiles. At the Mandeville Center for Dental Excellence, Dr. Charles Schof specializes in providing Hybridge implants that restore missing teeth permanently. And you won’t have to spend any time without teeth – even during healing times.
Understanding the Basics
Hybridge Combines the Power of Dental Implants with the Convenience of Dentures
Dental implants are one of the best ways to restore a tooth that has been lost due to periodontal disease or tooth decay because it is a permanent solution that can be treated like your natural tooth. Dentures are a great solution for patients who are missing most of their teeth, as they address the entire arch.
With Hybridge, you get the best of both worlds. The five or six implanted posts can support the weight of a full arch of teeth, creating efficiency with the treatment and cost-savings for the patient, all while permanently restoring the look and functionality of the mouth and smile.
How Hybridge Works
Hybridge can be used to restore the upper, lower or both jaw arches. Before the procedure, any remaining teeth on the upper or lower arch are removed, and the patient is given time to heal. During the healing phase, a prosthesis is given. At no time will the patient be without teeth.
Once the gums have settled, Dr. Charles Schof will insert four to six titanium posts into your gums. These are very similar to the posts that are used for dental implants, and they function as a synthetic root, permanently bonding to the jawbone and surrounding tissue.
After these posts have been inserted, a temporary set of teeth is attached while your implants heal. This healing phase usually takes five or six weeks.
During this time, your implant-supported restorations will be custom-built for you using acrylic, Prettau Zirconia Ceramic, or Cross-linked PMMA. The restorations will include teeth as well as a gum line.
Finally, the restorations are permanently placed, attaching directly to the titanium posts implanted in your gums during the first stage of the process. From start to finish, average treatment times are about 16 weeks.
And that’s it! Your Hybridge implant-supported restorations are a permanent solution, and there are only a few steps you need to follow to protect them, such as wearing a night guard to prevent tooth grinding, avoiding hard or tough foods, and following Dr. Schof’s oral hygiene treatment plan. You’ll come back every three to four months for a Hybridge cleaning and an evaluation of your oral health.
What Are The Benefits Of Hybridge Dental Implants?
If you are missing most or all of your upper, lower, or both arches of teeth, you may consider Hybridge dental implants from the Mandeville Center for Dental Excellence.There are many benefits to choosing a Hybridge implant-supported dental bridge, such as:
- Permanent smile restoration – With a Hybridge dental bridge, you can restore your smile permanently. Dental implants can last 30+ years, and your implant-supported bridge is built to last for decades.
- Completely natural look and feel – Unlike traditional or implant-supported dentures, Hybridge dental implants are built out of porcelain and advanced materials to look just like natural teeth. They never have to be removed and require no special care. Simply brush your bridges normally, and see Dr. Schof for regular check-ups.
- Supports the health of your jaw – Once you lose a tooth, the underlying bone will deteriorate because the root is no longer putting pressure on the bone structure. With the Hybridge dental implant system, this is not the case. Your dental implants will support and stimulate your bone, keeping it healthy and preventing bone resorption due to tooth loss.
- Restores one or both arches of teeth – Whether you would like to replace one or both arches of your teeth with a Hybridge implant-supported bridge, Dr. Schof can help.
- Leave with new teeth on the same day – Once your implants have been placed, you’ll get a temporary set of teeth, which will ensure that you can speak, eat, and function normally while you wait for your final restoration.
- Final restoration takes as little as 2 weeks – While this depends on your condition, most Hybridge dental bridges can be built in just 2 weeks, allowing you to restore your smile quickly.
Hybridge is quickly becoming the preferred method to provide dental patients with full mouth restorations.
What Makes Hybridge Dental Implants Different From The Competition?
Wondering how Hybridge is different from other types of implant-supported bridges, like All-On-Four? There are a few key things that distinguish Hybridge from the competition.
- Certification required – Dr. Charles Schof is a Hybridge Certified Doctor. To qualify as a Hybridge Certified Doctor, a dentist must meet the highest standards for dental implant quality, and train extensively in the standardized Hybridge treatment methodology. Due to this, Hybridge implants maintain high quality and consistent results.
- Highest-quality materials – All Hybridge dental implants are built with modern, industry-leading design, and use innovative materials to provide better results. Unlike some competitors, Hybridge even has zirconia dental implants available, which some patients may prefer over traditional titanium implants.
- Custom-built dental bridges – Every Hybridge dental bridge is hand-crafted by artisan technicians at the Hybridge Laboratory. Modern imaging and dental techniques are used to ensure an absolutely perfect fit. When you choose Hybridge, your new teeth will look and feel completely natural, guaranteed.
To learn more and determine if you are a good candidate for full-mouth restoration with Hybridge, schedule an appointment with Dr. Schof today!
Interested in Lower, Upper or
Full Arch Restorations?
Dr. Charles Schof is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor with the skills to give you the smile you’ve been waiting for. He and the team at Mandeville Center for Dental Excellence will determine whether you’re a good candidate for Hybridge implants or if a more traditional tooth restoration is right for you.
If you’re missing teeth in Mandeville, contact us today and learn more about Hybridge. Call us at (985) 237-1458, or come to our office, located at 240 Dalwill Drive, Mandeville, LA 70471. We look forward to meeting you and working on your restorative dentistry needs!
Good explanations of options, good job of checking in on me as a patient so I'm not just an object. They offer a credit plan with no interest for a year. Small, consistent staff are welcoming.
I have been seeing Dr Schof and his staff for years. My care has always been excellent. His attention to detail and cosmetic results are great. And he and his staff have always been wonderful with my dental anxiety!
His office always runs on time. They are very respectful of your time. His staff is top notch and Dr Schof is excellent. Highly recommend!
The best experience I have ever had at a Dentist office! The staff make you feel comfortable and above all Dr. Schof made me feel like I was the most important patient.
Kudos to Dr. Schof and his wonderful staff as they make dental care a pleasant experience. I had an old filling taken out today and a new crown put on, all in one visit! It fits perfectly and I don't have to go back for another fitting!
Always a good experience. Dr. Schof and his staff are very responsive to your needs, professional and caring.