Who Is A Good Candidate For Dentures?
If you are missing one or more teeth in Mandeville, partial dentures may be the right replacement option for you. if you have an otherwise healthy mouth aside from your missing teeth, you are most likely a good candidate for partial dentures. Partial dentures replace your missing teeth and are removable, but they do need to attach to several healthy teeth in order to function properly. If you are missing several teeth and your remaining teeth are not healthy due to an issue like gum disease or advanced tooth decay, partial dentures may not be right for you.
Full mouth dentures are usually only recommended by Dr. Schof for patients who have serious oral health issues, like advanced periodontal disease or tooth decay in most or all of their teeth. This is because a full mouth denture requires the extraction of all remaining teeth.
Why Choose Dentures Over Dental Implants?
Though dental implants have many unique benefits, dentures may be a better option for some patients due to these factors:
- Faster results – Immediate dentures can be placed in your mouth as soon as your teeth are extracted, in some cases, restoring your bite and smile immediately. Even if you are getting a partial denture, it usually only takes a few weeks to build your dental prosthesis. In contrast, a dental implant usually takes at least 3-6 months to be placed and completed with a dental prosthesis.
- Inexpensive – Partial and full dentures are the most affordable way to restore your smile, and they are usually covered by insurance. Dental implants, on the other hand, are typically not covered by insurance.
- Non-invasive – Partial dentures do not require any kind of invasive surgery, and full-mouth dentures only require the extraction of the remaining teeth. This makes the process less invasive compared to the placement of a dental implant, which requires oral surgery.
Dentures can often be a more economical dental solution depending on your case and your insurance. But they also help a great deal in curbing or treating the dental issues that occur with missing teeth, such as:
- Trouble chewing food
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder)
- Misshapen face
- Problems with speech
- Uneven bite
- Pressure on other teeth
If you’re unable to wear dentures or prefer a more permanent solution, you have options. Permanent solutions include dental implants and dental bridges, and are great options depending on your jaw bone health and the state of your existing teeth.
If you need treatment for missing teeth and live in the Mandeville area, visit Dr. Charles Schof at Mandeville Center for Dental Excellence. Dr. Schof is a top choice for patients in search of their best smiles. Call 985-626-4401 to make an appointment today and get your confidence back!
Dentures and Partial Dentures in Mandeville
Whether it was caused by tooth decay, gum disease or a traumatic dental injury, dentures are a great option for patients who suffer from missing teeth. Dr. Charles Schof at Mandeville Center for Dental Excellence offers complete dentures and partial dentures for patients who want their smiles back.
Understanding The Unique Benefits Of Dentures
- Restore your facial appearance – Losing one or more teeth can change the way your face looks, and can even make you look older. Dentures can restore the natural shape and position of your jaw, allowing you to smile confidently again.
- Protect remaining teeth from wear – If you are missing only a few teeth, excessive wear and strain may be placed on your remaining teeth when you bite or chew. Partial dentures help distribute the force of chewing and biting more evenly, which helps preserve your remaining teeth.
- Enjoy your favorite foods again – If you are missing several teeth, you may not be able to enjoy your favorite foods. Eating things like apples, for example, is hard if you are missing your front teeth, and tough or fibrous foods like celery can be hard to chew without strong molars. With dentures, you can enjoy all of your favorite foods once again.
Good explanations of options, good job of checking in on me as a patient so I'm not just an object. They offer a credit plan with no interest for a year. Small, consistent staff are welcoming.
I have been seeing Dr Schof and his staff for years. My care has always been excellent. His attention to detail and cosmetic results are great. And he and his staff have always been wonderful with my dental anxiety!
His office always runs on time. They are very respectful of your time. His staff is top notch and Dr Schof is excellent. Highly recommend!
The best experience I have ever had at a Dentist office! The staff make you feel comfortable and above all Dr. Schof made me feel like I was the most important patient.
Kudos to Dr. Schof and his wonderful staff as they make dental care a pleasant experience. I had an old filling taken out today and a new crown put on, all in one visit! It fits perfectly and I don't have to go back for another fitting!
Always a good experience. Dr. Schof and his staff are very responsive to your needs, professional and caring.